SPOKANE, Wash. - Around 1:05 p.m., Spokane firefighters responded to a working fire in the basement of an apartment building at 1700 Pacific Ave that's home to 20 people.
Because of the size of the building and the amount of people who live there, nine units from the Spokane Fire Department and one from Spokane Valley responded, totaling 37 personnel. Crews were able to get the flames under control in about 15 minutes.
Fire officials said it's unknown how many people were inside at the time, but everyone got out safe.
The fire spread through the walls causing some damage to the floors above. Investigators are still working to determine what exactly caught fire and how much damage was done.
- Holiday deals for the savvy consumer
- New details emerge in Medical Lake High School explicit photo drive
- Travel easier during the busiest holiday weekend in a decade
- Cantwell fights higher park fees
- Padden named ranking member on Senate Law and Justice committee
- Best deals for in-store shopping on Black Friday 2017