SEATTLE - Every member of Washington state's congressional delegation voted in favor of legislation to reopen the government.
There were more than 150 "no" votes among Republican members of Congress in Wednesday night's voting, but the four GOP members in Washington state all supported the bill. Washington was the largest state in the country in which all members of its delegation voted in favor of the legislation to reopen government and approve more borrowing so America could pay its bills.
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers says the government cannot work unless both parties talk and work together to find common ground and common sense solutions. She says House Republicans remain united despite splitting votes on Wednesday's legislation.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up