CHELAN COUNTY - The body an Ellensburg climber has been recovered from the Alpine Lakes Wilderness in Chelan County.
According to the Chelan County Sheriff's Office, the body of Matthew Trinkle, 19, was recovered on Wednesday.
The Chelan County Sheriff's Office said they worked with a Snohomish County helicopter crew to recover the body. It was recovered from a rock gulley on a steep slope, at the 7,600 foot level of the mountain.
A Chelan County mountain rescue team was also on the scene, helping with the recovery.
Officials said Trinkle was free-climbing to the summit of Dragontail Peak Saturday morning when he fell.
Trinkle's roommate reported that Trinkle failed to return from a climb by Saturday night. Another group of climbers discovered his body Sunday.
Previous efforts to recover the body were hampered by bad weather.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th