WENATCHEE, Wash. - An Ellensburg climber has died in a fall in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness.
Chelan County sheriff's operations chief John Wisemore identified the victim as 19-year-old Matthew Trinkle.
His roommate reported he failed to return from a climb by Saturday night. Another group of climbers discovered a body Sunday believed to be Trinkle in a rock gulley below the summit of Dragontail Peak.
Wisemore told KPQ efforts to recover the body have been hampered by bad weather, but officials hope a helicopter will be able to fly by Wednesday.
A deputy located Trinkle's vehicle at the Mount Stuart trailhead.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'