YAKIMA, Wash. - Recent rains stopped Eastern Washington wildfires from spreading. They may be down, but they're not out.
In Kittitas County about 1,000 people continue to work at the Snag Canyon and South Cle Elum Ridge fires, which together burned more 21 square miles.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports firefighters are mopping up hot spots and patrolling fire lines. They say the fires won't be totally out until there's a heavy, soaking rain this fall.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults