RIGBY, Idaho - A 23-year-old eastern Idaho man who shot another man three times outside a girl's 15th birthday party has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
The Post Register reports that Emmanuel Jesus Granados of Rigby made the plea Thursday in 7th District Court.
Granados shot 22-year-old Fermin Lemus July 14 outside the Rigby Indoor Sports Arena. After the shooting Granados fled but was arrested a short time later in southwestern Utah.
Police say the two men started arguing at the girl's party and then went outside where the shooting occurred. Several witnesses identified Granados as the shooter.
Sentencing is set for April 22. Granados faces up to life in prison.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position