SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - East Valley High School has been closed for the day after a student brought a vial of mercury to school Friday morning and a small amount of it was spilled.
School officials report that several students handled the vial of mercury. Ten students and four adults who came into contact with the mercury were taken to the hospital for blood testing.
The school was evacuated after the mercury spill and students are being sent home for the day.
The Spokane Valley Fire Department is taking over the investigation.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'