SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - East Valley High School has been closed for the day after a student brought a vial of mercury to school Friday morning and a small amount of it was spilled.
School officials report that several students handled the vial of mercury. Ten students and four adults who came into contact with the mercury were taken to the hospital for blood testing.
The school was evacuated after the mercury spill and students are being sent home for the day.
The Spokane Valley Fire Department is taking over the investigation.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night