SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The driver of a car that crashed into a tree near the intersection of Felts and Mission Monday morning has succumbed to his injuries.
The man was extricated and transported to the hospital where he was initially listed in critical condition. The Spokane County Sheriff's Office sent out a press release later in the morning saying the individual succumbed to their injuries.
The sheriff's office reported that alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
The medical examiner identified the driver as Dustin Andrew Christensen, 37. The cause of death was listed as dislocation of C1 - C2 spinal column due to probable neck hyperextension.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line