DEER PARK, Wash. - A driver has been arrested for DUI and another person hospitalized after an early morning crash near Deer Park Wednesday.
The crash happened just before 3 a.m. Wednesday at on Highway 395 near Owens Road.
When Washington State Patrol troopers arrived, the driver was walking around the car and his female passenger was trapped inside the car.
Firefighters said they had to extricate the woman from the car. She was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Troopers said after investigating the scene, the man was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
The northbound lane of Highway 395 was blocked for a little more than an hour as troopers investigated and cleared the scene.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting