DEER PARK, Wash. - A driver has been arrested for DUI and another person hospitalized after an early morning crash near Deer Park Wednesday.
The crash happened just before 3 a.m. Wednesday at on Highway 395 near Owens Road.
When Washington State Patrol troopers arrived, the driver was walking around the car and his female passenger was trapped inside the car.
Firefighters said they had to extricate the woman from the car. She was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Troopers said after investigating the scene, the man was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
The northbound lane of Highway 395 was blocked for a little more than an hour as troopers investigated and cleared the scene.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march