SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Police Department has a new assistant chief. Captain of Professional Oversight and Training Rick Dobrow has been promoted to the position.
Dobrow has prior experience as a police officer and motorcycle officer in the Patrol Division and Traffic Unit, a patrol lieutenant, a lieutenant and director of training for the Spokane Police Academy and captain of professional standards and training.
Dobrow has been with the department for nearly 20 years. Prior to working for the Spokane Police Department, he worked with the Stockton, California Police Department.
His appointment to the assistant chief role comes less than two weeks after Craig Meidl stepped down from the position, which is an appointment, and reverted back to the rank of lieutenant.
Police Chief Frank Straub declined to comment on Meidl's decision, which was confirmed by an e-mail from the department.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school