WENATCHEE, Wash. - A Wenatchee man who built a children's treehouse overhanging a sidewalk has agreed to take it down to settle a dispute with the city.
The city had told Zeb Postelwait he could keep the treehouse if he took out a $1 million insurance policy.
Postelwait told The Wenatchee World he decided to remove the structure after he found out his homeowners insurance bill would have climbed to $3,200 a year.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car