SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - An early Wednesday morning pursuit ended with two deputies involved in a crash and a suspect in custody.
Around 1 a.m., deputies tried to pull over a car that they recognized was stolen. The driver of the car wouldn't stop.
The chase ended at Broadway Avenue and Pines Road, when a deputy executed a PIT maneuver. The driver wasn't done driving though. After the car spun around from the PIT maneuver, the driver accelerated, causing the car to crash into a second patrol car that was involved in the pursuit.
The two men inside the car were arrested.
The driver was arrested for attempting to elude and vehicle theft. Both the driver and his passenger were charged with meth possession.
Both patrol cars had minor damage. No deputies were injured.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home