SPOKANE, Wash. - Sheriff's deputies are searching for a man who robbed a North Spokane Zip Trip.
The robbery happened just after 1:30 a.m. Thursday at the Zip Trip on Division Street and Hastings Road.
According to Sgt. Chris Thompson with the Spokane County Sheriff's Office, a man walked in the convenience store, showed the cashier a gun in his waistband and demanded money and cigarettes. The man stole all the cash in the register.
Thompson said the man took off on foot. Deputies brought in Spokane police K-9's that tracked the robber about a block away and then lost the scent. The sergeant said they believe that is where the man got into a waiting car.
Deputies said the robber is a white man in his late 20s. He is about 6 feet tall with an athletic build. He was wearing blue jeans, a red sweatshirt with a hood and a dark beanie at the time of the robbery. The cashier said the man had facial hair and believes that it was strawberry-blond.
Thompson said deputies are looking at surveillance video and they are working with Spokane police to see if it this is the same man who robbed the Rite-Aid on North Division Street Tuesday night.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday