SPOKANE, Wash. - A man is in jail for trying to break into Pattison's North skating rink by using a chain saw.
On Wednesday around 10:30 p.m., Spokane County deputies responded to Pattison's North for an alarm. When they arrived, they found a man pointing a pistol at another man. Deputies said the man with a gun told the other man to 'get on the ground or I'll shoot.'
The man with the gun was the owner of Pattison's North. He complied when deputies told him to put the gun down. Deputies said the owner was pointing the gun at Joseph Sica, 41, who was under the building with the cutting tool.
Deputies arrested Sica and Pattison's was cleared, with help from a Spokane Police Department K9 unit and sheriff's deputies. Deputies said Sica cut a hole in the floor of Pattison's using the tool.
Sica was taken to the Spokane County Jail. During the booking process, deputies found a bag of methamphetamine that Sica was hiding in his mouth.
Sica is facing charges for second-degree burglary and possession of a controlled substance.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting