OKANOGAN, Wash. - Detectives in Okanogan County are investigating the fatal shooting of a grouse hunter on Pontiac Ridge near Chesaw.
Authorities responded to the scene at Cow Camp Road Monday evening at 7:15 p.m. When they arrived, deputies found a man who had been shot and killed. A second man who was with the victim said they were in a vehicle when the victim got out to shoot at a grouse. The passenger said he heard a shot and the other man fell to the ground covered in blood.
The passenger drove to a residence approximately 100 yards away from where the shooting happened to call law enforcement.
Deputies have interviewed people who were in the area at the time of the shooting, including two people who live in the residence near where the shooting happened.
Authorities have not made any arrests yet but do have persons of interest in the case, which is being treated as a murder investigation.
The identity of the victim has not been released. Both the victim and the passenger in the vehicle are from Western Washington.
Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers reports this is the fifth murder in the county this year.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties