Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a body found in the road on the 4400 block of East Buckeye Ave.
The body of a male, identified by the medical examiner late Wednesday afternoon as Travon Asterino, 35, was discovered by someone on a walk early Wednesday morning.
"The body was just laying in the north side of the road, and there's other evidence at the scene that we are processing, so like I said right now we're not sure what happened," Spokane County Sheriff's Deputy Craig Chamberlin said.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner's office identified the cause of death as a contact gunshot wound to the chest. The manner of death is pending further investigation.
The Spokane County Sheriff's Office is investigating Asterino's death as a homicide and deputies are asking anyone who has seen anything suspicious or who might have information to call Crime Check at 456-2233.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image