SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - When President Obama is sworn in for a second term the Central Valley High School marching band will be there to witness history.
The band is one of a handful across the country selected for the president's inaugural parade.
The band will leave Jan. 17th and is scheduled to perform at the Presidential Inaugural Heritage Musical Festival in Brooklyn Park, Maryland. They will then march in the presidential parade on Monday, Jan. 21.
The parade will be televised around the world.
The band plans to perform several patriotic tunes, including Battle Cry of Freedom and When Johnny Comes Marching Home.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River