YAKIMA, Wash. - Fire crews have rescued a man who passed out while repairing a flagpole atop the federal courthouse in Yakima on Monday.
Yakima Fire's Jennifer Norton says the man was conscious and able to hold onto his harness and pole until firefighters reached him using a ladder truck.
The Yakima Herald-Republic says the man dangled about 75 feet above the street.
Authorities said the man, who was not identified, was taken to a local hospital for treatment of dehydration.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting