YAKIMA, Wash. - Fire crews have rescued a man who passed out while repairing a flagpole atop the federal courthouse in Yakima on Monday.
Yakima Fire's Jennifer Norton says the man was conscious and able to hold onto his harness and pole until firefighters reached him using a ladder truck.
The Yakima Herald-Republic says the man dangled about 75 feet above the street.
Authorities said the man, who was not identified, was taken to a local hospital for treatment of dehydration.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives