SPRINGDALE, Wash. - Crews from Stevens County Fire District #1 are working to contain a wildland fire near Springdale.
Officials say the fire was approximately two acres in size when first reported and there were two structures involved. 30 firefighters on the ground, supported by three Fire Boss firefighting aircraft, fought the fire, located in the area of Springdale-Hunters Road and West Lyons Hill Road.
The fire grew to approximately five acres in size before crews were able to get it under control.
A horse trailer and a kennel were lost to the fire.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane