EPHRATA, Wash. - The Grant County PUD has decided to draw down the water level behind the Wanapum Dam after divers found a crack in a spillway pillar.
Utility spokesman Thomas Stredwick told iFIBER One News the water level was lowered to reduce pressure.
He says the dam on the Columbia River south of Vantage is stable but may not produce as much electricity.
The PUD is working with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to determine how best to repair the cracked pillar.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults