EPHRATA, Wash. - The Grant County commissioners have approved a zoning change that opens the door for The Gorge Amphitheatre to expand.
Live Nation, which owns The Gorge, still needs to obtain additional approval from the county's planning department.
The Columbia Basin Herald says the county commission's approval on Tuesday came despite opposition by The Gorge's neighbors. It also follows a recent study that shows Live Nation is one of the top taxpaying businesses in Grant County.
Neighbors have complained about rowdy concertgoers trespassing, littering and vandalizing their homes and farms. But no residents spoke against the expansion during Tuesday's meeting.
Owners of The Gorge hope to add 1,000 camping sites, a café, an outdoor cinema, a farmer's market as well as water, road and sewage improvements.
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes