School's out for the summer and the public pools around the area are starting to open up!
The North and Southside Aquatic Centers opened up on Friday while the Spokane Valley Pools opened for the season on Saturday. The city pools open on Monday.
If you head to the county pools on Father's Day, your dad will get in free! The county pools are open everyday from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
A county-wide swim pass program, "Make a Splash," is shy on funding this year, and kids in the area that can't afford to swim could use some help.
"It's a wonderful program that we use through 'Make a Splash,' and the Spokane Parks Foundation is where you would go to donate for that It really helps a lot of kids who other wise aren't able to otherwise go swimming during the summer, so it makes a really big difference," said Spokane Valley Recreation Coordinator Jennifer Papich.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position