SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane City Council has unanimously approved a $190,000 settlement for former acting police chief Scott Stephens.
Stephens claimed wrongful termination when he was demoted to captain.
A retired judge who was hired by the city found Stephens could have been treated more fairly and Mayor David Condon decided a settlement was appropriate.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car