SPOKANE, Wash. - Congress is working to change the name of the Spokane VA Medical Center to honor two heroes.
U.S. Sen. Patty Murray on Thursday applauded Senate passage of her bill to rename the hospital as the "Mann-Grandstaff Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center."
That's in honor of Private First Class Joe E. Mann, a World War II hero, and Platoon Sergeant Bruce A. Grandstaff, a Vietnam War hero.
U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers has introduced companion legislation in the House.
Both Mann and Grandstaff are Medal of Honor recipients who died in action.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car