OMAK, Wash. - The Colville Confederated Tribes plan to build a $40 million casino resort near Omak.
Tribal Chairman Michael Finley says it would be twice the size of the current Mill Bay Casino in Manson and replace the tribes' Okanogan Bingo Casino.
The Wenatchee World reports economic development officials see it as destination resort that would serve as a conference center for the Okanagan area.
Finley says the hotel could serve Canadians who already account for most of the customers at the Okanogan casino.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March