COLLEGE PLACE, Wash. - College Place Mayor Richard Newby died Sunday at his home.
The Walla Walla county coroner's office says an autopsy is scheduled Monday.
Newby was 54.
City Administrator Pat Reay (ray) says the death appears to be from natural causes. Newby was found by a family member and could not be revived. Reay says the death was unexpected but not suspicious.
Newby had been mayor of the town next to Walla Walla since 2009. He won re-election in November in the city of 8,800.
Reay says Newby worked for the Bonneville Power Administration and was very civic minded and engaged in the community.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th