COLFAX, Wash. - A Colfax man died while swimming in the city pool Wednesday afternoon.
David Futchko, 33, was seen having a difficult time trying to get out of the pool around 4 o'clock when he fell backward and into the water and quickly sank to the bottom.
He was only in the water for about 20 seconds before he was removed by lifeguards and CPR was administered.
Futchko was taken to Whitman Hospital in Colfax, where he was pronounced dead.
The Colfax Police Department says it appears as though he suffered a medical event and there is no indication that he drowned.
The final cause of death will be determined by the Whitman County Coroner.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River