AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - In the last eight years, the Cobra Polo Classic event has raised $1.6 million for the Ronald McDonald House Charities in Spokane.
"It really is one of the most, one of a kind charity events in the region," RMHC Director of Communications Colleen Fox said.
The event is one of the largest polo events west of the Mississippi, according to organizers. This Sunday, players from South America to England will compete on an area the size of nine football fields in the match.Cobra RMHC polo vo
There's also a hat competition for the ladies, and a whiskey and cigar tent. An auction will also be held to raise money for the 700 families who stay at the Ronald McDonald house every year. The house gives families in a medical emergency a place to stay.
"The funds that are raised at this event cover about 9,000 nights worth of lodging for families. So it's huge for our organization," Fox said.
Sunday's event at the Polo Grounds in Airway Heights is sold out, but if you'd like to donate visit http://www.rmhcspokane.org/
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting