WENATCHEE, Wash. - Chelan County prosecutor Doug Shae has publicly named two more sheriff deputies who lied to their superiors, bringing the total number of law officers outed for dishonesty to five this year in the central Washington county.
The Wenatchee World reports Shae named Sheriff's Sgt. Mike Harris and Deputy Bryan Jones as having been found to have lied after internal investigations. Shae sent the memo on Thursday and offered no details on the internal investigations.
Case law requires that prosecutors notify defense attorneys of any dishonesty in a law enforcement officer's record.
Records since obtained by The Wenatchee World show Chelan County deputies have lied on a wide range of topics, ranging from the reason a patrol car got stuck in a ditch to lying about being summoned to court to avoid a training appointment.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'