SEQUIM, Wash. - Park officials say the Enchanted Valley Chalet in Olympic National Park is being relocated to protect the east fork of the Quinault River.
Enchanted Valley will be closed to camping for the first two weeks of September, while the move takes place.
Park officials say hikers and horse riders may continue to pass through the area if they are escorted by park staff.
The Graves Creek Stock Camp -- which is located near the Graves Creek trailhead -- will also be closed between Sept. 1 and 14 to accommodate stock animals and handlers transporting supplies and equipment during the project.
Monroe House Moving, Inc. of Sequim, Washington has been awarded the contract to move the building. Changes in weather could affect their schedule.
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes