SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - As summer wraps up, some of the best outdoor fun is yet to be had this weekend at Valleyfest 2017.
One of the main attraction will be watching the hot air balloons over the event.
“Ballooning is so great because it shows you aviation, weather, volume, all sorts of fun things that is kind of magical,” said Balloonist Stephanie Hughes.
Hughes has been doing this her whole life and loves sharing her passion with others. There's also so much more to Valleyfest, including lots of kid-friendly activities.
“Every single booth that comes to Valleyfest has to have an activity for kids so it is an opportunity for families to come out and have some fun activities,” said Hughes. “There is arts and crafts, there is jumpy castles, and lots of free entertainment for families.”
Spokane Transit is once again partnering with Valleyfest to provide transportation from designated parking areas. That shuttle runs from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and is completely free.
Kxly4 will also be out at Valleyfest collecting new and gently used coats on Saturday. You can find more information on Valleyfest here.
- WSU Spokane professor launches anti-bias police training
- Northeast Spokane neighborhood rocked by multiple tire slashings
- State tries to prove convicted cop killer is eligible for death penalty
- I90 on-ramp at Walnut may close in near future
- Spokane updates snow plow plan ahead of winter season
- MAC to host Titanic artifact exhibition