SPOKANE, Wash. - Campfire started Rimrock Fire in west Spokane
Fire officials have determined that a campfire was the start of the Rimrock Fire that started Friday afternoon in west Spokane near Palisades Park.
The fire is now fully contained and is estimated to have burned 15 acres.
Level 1 evacuation notices were issued to surrounding homes, but were lifted several hours into the firefight.
Firefighters will remain on scene overnight, to keep an eye on where they did burnouts between the where the fire burned and trails in the area and to make sure no additional flare-ups occur.
- Kootenai County deputies arrest US Marshall fugitive for drug trafficking
- Ephrata man dies after collision near Quincy
- Man dead after fatal crash on US 95
- Ballots for November elections sent out
- Pot convictions could disappear for Kettle Falls Five
- Spokane Symphony honors the donors who kept the Fox Theater alive