SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Spokane Valley deputies arrested a man who broke into a business in order to find money for a bus ticket to escape the snow.
At around 4:25 a.m. Monday, deputies responded to an alarm call at a business in the 200 block of S. Vista Rd. The alarm company told deputies they called the business and spoke with a transient man who admitted to breaking the business' window.
The front glass door of the business was shattered, and deputies found Jonah Edera, 39, inside. He was arrested.
Edera told a deputy that he used a wooden pallet to break the door. He went on to say that he was looking for money to go someplace that didn't have a bunch of snow.
Edera was booked into Spokane County Jail for 2nd Degree Burglary.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting