OMAK, Wash. - Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers reports a brush fire is threatening several homes near Highway 155 and Mission Turnoff Road near Omak.
The fire started around 5 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.
Sheriff Rogers said the fire is being whipped up by 40 mph winds in the area.
Both the Pasco and Indian School areas have been evacuated and some houses are threatened by the fire.
Several helicopters are supporting multiple units on the ground to try and stop the fire.
There is no estimate as of 6:30 p.m. as to the size of the fire.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car