SPOKANE, Wash. - An 11-year-old boy was flown to Sacred Heart Medical Center Friday afternoon after he was pulled out of the water unresponsive at Chamokane Falls near Ford.
Multiple agencies, including Stevens County Fire District 1, Spokane Tribal Police and NW MedStar responded to Chamokane Falls where crews were able to rescue the boy from the water.
The boy was swimming with his family and while first responders do not know the circumstances the boy went under the water and crews found him under a log. He had been underwater for approximately half an hour when they found him.
Emergency crews pulled him out of the water and performed CPR on him. The boy was transported to Sacred Heart on a MedStar helicopter in critical condition.
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech