SPOKANE, Wash. - A 10-year-old boy survived a frightening fall off a Mt. Spokane ski lift Thursday morning.
The boy was just about to the top of Chair 3 when he leaned forward and fell 23 feet to the ground. Witnesses say he landed on his head.
He was airlifted by NW MedStar to the hospital and is reportedly going to be OK.
Mt. Spokane issued a statement saying safety is a top priority at the ski area and their staff is researching the incident but declined to comment further on the circumstances of the boy's fall of the ski lift.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives