PULLMAN, Wash. - A bicyclist suffered major injuries when he was run over by a Pullman Transit Bus Friday morning on the Washington State University campus.
The collision occurred around 9 a.m. on Stadium Way near Wilson Road.
WSU Police say the bus was heading south when the bicyclist apparently slipped from the sidewalk and fell into the street. The man, who is in his 40s, suffered significant injuries to both legs and was taken to Pullman Regional Hospital.
He was later transported to a hospital in Spokane with potentially life-threatening injuries.
His name has not been released but police confirm he is a WSU faculty member who works in the history department.
Evan Ellis / KQQQ Radio in Pullman contributed to this report
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'