PULLMAN, Wash. - The Washington State University faculty member who was beaten near campus early Saturday remains in the intensive care unit at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
Spokeswoman Pattie Servine says David Warner is in critical condition Thursday.
Pullman Police Chief Gary Jenkins says investigators are checking leads and still asking possible witnesses to come forward.
Jenkins says Warner stepped in between a friend and a group of college-age people as words were being exchange. Jenkins says the friend was not hurt and can't remember what the argument was about.
Warner is Native American and teaches in the WSU Department of Critical Culture, Gender, and Race Studies.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting