YAKIMA, Wash. - Law enforcement officials in southern Washington say one man is dead after a shooting in Yakima County.
The Yakima County Sheriff's Office released few details on Saturday, but said in a prepared statement that the office was called just after 2 a.m. Saturday by a man who said his friend had been shot.
A 27-year-old Sunnyside man was pronounced dead at local hospital from gunshot wounds.
Investigators believe there was an exchange of gunfire between the victim and unknown suspects. They are asking anyone with information about the shooting to call the sheriff's office.
- Potholes keeping Spokane crews busy
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes