ASOTIN, Wash. - The commander of the Asotin County Jail has been placed on paid administrative leave because of allegations he threatened to kill Asotin County Prosecutor Ben Nichols.
Capt. Jon Singleton's conduct and reported threats will be investigated by the Washington State Patrol.
Asotin Police Chief Bill Derbonne contacted state law enforcement officers Tuesday after receiving several reports from people saying Singleton became irate Monday and allegedly threatened to kill the prosecutor.
Witness statements indicate the jail commander was upset about the scheduling for inmates to appear in court. The statements indicate Singleton was yelling he didn't have enough staff and appeared to be in a rage.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017