PULLMAN, Wash. - All eyes will be on Martin Stadium this weekend for Apple Cup 2016. Both teams have a lot on the line, and if you were still hoping to attend, your wallet is going to feel it.
Many are calling this the game of a lifetime. The Cougars and Huskies aren't just playing for bragging rights and the Apple Cup trophy. Whoever wins this game will be PAC-12 North champions and have a shot at the Rose Bowl.
If you're looking for tickets, the current rate on Craigslist is around $250 for a ticket. One user is even selling a pair of tickets for $600, while another user has a pair listed for $700.
Pullman will also be a popular destination this weekend. If you need a place to stay Friday night, good luck. As of Sunday, the only hotel with openings was Nendels Inn. The hotel had six rooms left, listed for $270 to $300 for the evening.
And many families will likely be spending the Thanksgiving holiday in Pullman, but will likely find it difficult to find a place for dinner. Some of the most popular destinations in Pullman, including Southfork Public House and Birch & Barley will all be closed Thanksgiving Day.
But if you're willing to dish out the cash, Friday's game is expected to be one for the record books. The Cougs haven't won the Apple Cup trophy since 2012.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday