THE DALLES, Ore. - An Amber Alert in effect for a 5-year-old boy kidnapped from The Dalles, Oregon was canceled Wednesday morning.
According to police, just before 6 a.m., Brian DePriest, 36, broke into a house and assaulted two adults inside with a hammer. Then he grabbed 5-year-old Skylar Coulcer-Jarding, hopped into a stolen car and sped off.
The alert was canceled around 8:30 a.m. Police said Skylar is safe and DePriest is in police custody.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday