THE DALLES, Ore. - An Amber Alert in effect for a 5-year-old boy kidnapped from The Dalles, Oregon was canceled Wednesday morning.
According to police, just before 6 a.m., Brian DePriest, 36, broke into a house and assaulted two adults inside with a hammer. Then he grabbed 5-year-old Skylar Coulcer-Jarding, hopped into a stolen car and sped off.
The alert was canceled around 8:30 a.m. Police said Skylar is safe and DePriest is in police custody.
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car
- Spokane has high interest in World Naked Gardening Day