SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) thanked local businesses on Thursday for support with their Air 2 helicopter.
"With their assistance, along with equipment donations from other aviation units, grant funding, and private company donations, Air 2 is ready to supplement the invaluable services provided by the Air Support Unit," said the SCSO in a news release sent to KXLY4 News.
Air 2 will allow the Air Support Unit to respond to incidents when Air 1 isn't available.
Air 2, like Air 1, is an OH-58.
SCSO's Regional Air Support Unit thanked Associated Painters, Inc. and CW Wraps & Marketing specifically for their help with Air 2's new paint and graphics. They also thanked Oil Analysis Lab Inc.
The Air Support Unit provides search and rescue, fugitive searches, fire support, and other services. The unit operates on a limited budget and uses all-volunteer pilots.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults