AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - A staff member at the Airway Heights Corrections Center has resigned after she was confronted about having sex with a male inmate.
Prison officials say on Thursday one of their corrections officers noticed the couple alone in a room that seemed inappropriate.
The pair were separated and, after alleged incident, the prison called the Airway Heights Police Department.
The woman is not a manager but she does have some control over the inmate population
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter