YAKIMA, Wash. - Vandals who shot seven power transformers and voltage regulators on utility poles in the past month between Zillah and Sunnyside caused about $40,000 in damage.
The sheriff's office says the vandalism has knocked out power, spilled transformer oil and caused a fire.
Deputies are asking the public to help identify whoever has been shooting at power poles.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home