The 2016 presidential campaign was a historic race. After hours of close vote counts and consecutive upsets favoring Trump, the republican nominee emerged victorious.
Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers was re-elected for a 7th term. She told KXLY Congress needs to work together, both the house and Senate.
Spokane voters approved Proposition 1, funding Spokane Transit's expansion of service.
STA said new revenue from the local sales tax rate increase will enable STA to increase overall service by 25% throughout the region.
Initiative 1443 passed with 59% of the vote. Starting in 2018, employees will be able to earn one hour of sick leave for every 40 hours worked. They will be permitted to earn at least 40 hours of paid sick leave a year. The initiative will also phase in a $13.50 minimum wage by 2020.
For a full list of election results click here.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time