YAKIMA, Wash. - The Yakima County sheriff's office says all four men sought in a fatal weekend shooting west of Toppenish, Wash., are now in custody.
Shots fired into a residence on Saturday killed 32-year-old Charles M. Burkybile. A woman and two children in the home were not injured.
Court papers say the men went to the home to buy marijuana.
A Yakama Nation police officer chased a vehicle leaving the area for eight miles to Wapato where several people ran off. One man was arrested right away and two more over the weekend. The fourth suspect, a 17-year-old juvenile, turned himself in yesterday.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports that bail was set yesterday at $1 million each for the first three men arrested.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car