YAKIMA, Wash. - Police arrested three panhandlers Monday in Yakima and said they were using the money they collected to buy heroin.
The men made their first appearance Tuesday in Yakima Municipal Court, facing charges of loitering to obtain drugs.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports their arrest is related to the arrest of a woman suspected of selling panhandlers heroin twice a day for more than a year.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting