YAKIMA, Wash. - Police arrested three panhandlers Monday in Yakima and said they were using the money they collected to buy heroin.
The men made their first appearance Tuesday in Yakima Municipal Court, facing charges of loitering to obtain drugs.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports their arrest is related to the arrest of a woman suspected of selling panhandlers heroin twice a day for more than a year.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march