SPOKANE, Wash. - A car plowed into a transport van Friday morning, causing an elderly woman inside the van to get knocked from her wheelchair, said police.
The crash happened around 8:30 a.m. at Division Street and Empire Avenue. According to Spokane police, a transport van was stopped behind a truck at a red light. A Pontiac Grand Am, going about 30 miles per hour, slammed into the back of the transport van, which caused the van to hit the truck,
The crash knocked the woman's wheelchair from its hinges, causing her to fall on the floor of the van.
The woman was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The driver of the car was also transported to a hospital.
Two lanes of northbound Division Street were blocked for more than an hour.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity