EPHRATA, Wash. - A 23-year-old man from Auburn, Washington, has died from injuries received during an all-terrain vehicle accident near Soap Lake in Grant County.
The Grant County sheriff's office reports Collin D. Murdock was the passenger in a ATV being driven Friday on private property about seven miles east of Soap Lake. The vehicle hit a skid and Murdock apparently jumped off and hit his head on irrigation equipment.
KPQ Radio reports Murdock's friends drove him to Columbia Basin Hospital in Ephrata where he died Friday evening.
The driver of the ATV, 24-year-old Matthew J. Giandalia of Kent, suffered minor injuries. He was treated and released from Columbia Basin Hospital. Neither Giandalia nor Murdock was wearing a helmet.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image